MAKE CHANGE POSSIBLE.
Putting communities and the Planet - First
Market Drivers – April
We understand the energy market can be challenging.
Our specialists compile a Market Drivers report each month.
We have highlighted Bearish drivers, expected to contribute to the market lowering, and Bullish drivers, expected to contribute to the market going higher.
- Bearish Drivers
- Despite a slowdown month on month LNG send out remains exceptionally high.
- Soft consumption in both UK and NWE.
- Norwegian and UK producers to continue maximising production, very light maintenance schedules for May.
- NWE storage inventories once more extend their gap to 2018 and 2021 levels giving markets more confidence, we will meet the EU mandatory storage levels.
- UK exports at max capacity for the month.
- Breaking news that EU may have found a way to pay for Russian gas without breaching sanctions, if true would pave the way for further near curve de-risking.
- Bullish Drivers
- Any escalation of Russian aggression that includes non-conventional weapons and or discovery of further atrocities in villages captured by Russian soldiers may finally lead to sanctions on Gas exports
- Reduced French nuclear capacity and high potential of further unplanned outages.
- Rouble payment uncertainty, lots of mixed messages.