MAKE CHANGE POSSIBLE.
Putting communities and the Planet - First
Market Drivers – January
We understand the business energy market can be challenging.
Our specialists compile a Market Drivers report each month.
We have highlighted Bearish drivers, expected to contribute to the market lowering, and Bullish drivers, expected to contribute to the market going higher.
- Bearish Drivers
- Potential increase of non-committed cargoes to NEW considering Panama Canal waiting times reduced, healthy Asian stock, and arbitrage of US cargo to Asia closed.
- Potential for Gazprom to buy more capacity daily basis.
- Norwegian and UK producers to continue maximizing supply.
- The latest EC45 indicates close to normal weather.
- Bullish Drivers
- NWE storage inventory to end Jan-22 acutely low.
- Risk for colder weather than is outlined by the latest forecast.
- Geopolitical concerns ramping up, opposition to NS2 growing, and leading to a strong likelihood that NS2 will not start in H1-2022.
- Reduced French nuclear capacity availability and a risk for this to extend and lift gas for power demand.
- Low monthly capacity booking for January via Russian supply routes. < Back to all news